Due to their toughness and durability, Australian native and imported hardwoods are ideal for most external and structural applications. Their classic beauty and rich colours also make them popular for uses where aesthetics count.
At Narangba Timbers, we have a large range of framing, flooring and decking timbers in stock, and all our framing timber can be sawn and machined to the size you require.
Reflecting their natural durability, there are four classes (1 to 4) of hardwoods, with 1 having highest natural durability and 4 the lowest.
Class 1 hardwoods have an in-ground life expectancy of more than 25 years and Class 2, more than 15 years. All Narangba Timbers hardwoods fall within Classes 1 and 2.
The hardwood species we stock includes:
- Ironbark – used for outdoor framing, decking, flooring and handrails. Durability 1. Colour Red.
- Merbau/Kwila – for framing, decking, flooring and handrails. Durability 1. Colour Brown.
- Mixed Hardwoods of high structural strength(F17, F14) – used for step treads, flooring, framing, sub floors, joists, bearers, posts, outdoor frames, extensions, decks, patios, pergolas and verandahs.
- Spotted Gum – great for flooring, decking, handrail, outdoor framing and landscaping. Durability 1. Mixed Colour.
- Blackbutt – popular for flooring, decking and outdoor framing. Durability 1. Colour Blonde.
- Vitex/New Guinea Teak – often used for flooring, decking, outdoor framing, handrails and step treads. Durability 2. Colour Blonde.
- Kapur – used for flooring, decking and step treads. Durability 2. Colour Pink.
If you are looking at hardwood decking, why not look at our Display Deck to see how the different timbers look – their grain and colour. The Narangba Timbers team is on hand to help and advise you.