For a perfect finished product, even the smallest nail is important. Narangba Timbers has a wide range of quality galvanised nails for every timber construction project. Galvanised nails have a coating of zinc which protects them from rust and corrosion – so they are ideally suited for outdoor use in timber construction.
We have available in packs of 500g, 1kg, 2kg and 5kg:
- Twist shank deck nails (sizes 50×2.8*, 65×3.1)
- Bullet head nails (sizes 40×2.5, 50×2.8, 65×2.8, 65×3.15, 75×3.15, 75×3.75 and 100×4.5)
- Flat head fence nails (sizes 40×2.5, 50×2.8, 65×3.15, 75×3.75)
- Plain shank deck & screw nails (sizes 50×2.8, 65×3.1)
- Framing nails
- Lining and cladding nails
- Staples (sizes 20×2.8, 25×3.15, 30×4.0, 40×4.0)
- Clout (sizes 25×2.8, 30×2.8, 30×2.8)
- Connectors (sizes 30×2.8)
*All sizes are indicated as length in mm x diameter in mm.
Some nail tips:
- The length of the nail needed can depend on the timber (whether softwood or hardwood).
- If you are using a threaded nail which provides more holding power, a shorter nail length can be chosen.
- In order to avoid bending and maintain holding power when used with dense hardwoods, its a good idea to pre-drill before driving in the nails.
- For bullet head nails, the pros use a nail punch to avoid damaging the timber with the hammer head.